Inspect the paint for surface imperfections and swirl marks. These will need to be repaired prior to Magna Shine Ceramakote Protective Ceramic Coating application.
- Begin by thoroughly washing the vehicle using a cleansing detergent that is free of oils and synthetic waxes. Dry the entire vehicle you intend to treat with Magna Shine Ceramakote Protective Ceramic Coating.
- Deep clean the paint and remove all embedded contaminants and clean the paint, glass and chrome trim using Hi-Tech Magna Shine Clay Bars or the Magna Shine Clay Alternative line of products.
- Polish any swirl marks or scratches in the paint using your choice compound and/or polish; along with wool and/or foam pads. Do not use products with excessive fillers, as these will be stripped and removed during the next step.
IMPORTANT: Imperfections in the paint can be amplified if not correctly removed.
- Using a spray bottle, mist the surface with a 50/50 isopropyl alcohol and water mixture. You may also use an “Iron-Removing” wipe or spray to completely prep the surface. It is important to completely strip the paint of any residue AND previously applied waxes and sealants, natural oils and greases. Use a high pH soap that effectively removes oils, greases and fillers. The coating must bond to the paint to be effective!
- Once the paint is clean, dried and polished we can start applying our coating.
- Apply a thin bead of product directly onto the included applicator (Wear protective gloves)
- Apply to one panel at a time - side to side and then front to back (2' X 2' Sections are recommended for safe and effective removal prior to hardening.
- Wipe/Buff the applied area 30 seconds or less after application. REMOVE COMPLETELY WITH MICROFIBER TOWELS. This will minimize the risk of hazing and shadowing.
- Allow 60-90 minutes for coating to cure before driving vehicle. (May take 24 hours to completely cure)
- MUST wait at least 120 minutes for initial cure before applying additional coats of Magna Shine Ceramakote Protective Ceramic Coating